|[ 中文简历 ]
Dr. Wu Xun specializes in the analysis and evaluation of policy reforms in developing countries, with emphasis on social and environmental sectors. His current research focuses on water governance, environmental valuation, power sector restructuring, anti-corruption strategies, comparative healthcare reforms, and integrated approaches to sustainable development. He teaches research methods for policy analysis, policy evaluation, cost-benefit analysis, environmental policy, and natural resource management.
He has been a consultant to the World Bank, UNEP, and International Vaccine Institute for a variety of assignments ranging from non-market valuation to integrated water resource management. Dr. Wu received his PhD in Public Policy Analysis from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
|Recent Academic Publications:
Peer Reviewed Journal Articles:
- Wu, Xun, Yanling He, and Tung-Wen Sun, Public Administration Research in Mainland China and Taiwan: An Assessment of Journal Publications 1998-2008, forthcoming in Public Administration.
- M. Ramesh, Xun Wu, Alex Jingwei He. Health Governance and Healthcare Reforms in China, submitted to Health Policy and Planning Advance Access, 29 (1), 2013.
- Wu, Xun, Allen Lai, Do Lim Choi. Teaching Public Policy in East Asia: Aspirations, Potentials and Challenges, Vol. 14, No. 5, Journal of Comparative Policy Analysis, 14(5), 2012.
- Thampapillai, Dodo, Xun Wu, and Seck L. Tan. Fiscal Balance: Environmental Taxes and Investments, Journal of Natural Resources Policy Research, 2 (2), 2010
- Wu, Xun, and Jingwei He. Paradigm Shift in Public Administration: Implications for Teaching in MPA Programs, Public Administration Review, Volume 69, Supplement 1, 2009
- Wu, Xun, and M Ramesh. Health Care Reforms in Developing Asia: Propositions and Pitfalls, Development and Change, 40(3), 2009
- M Ramesh, and Xun Wu. Health Policy Reform in China: Lessons from Asia, Social Science & Medicine, 68(12), 2009.
- Wu, Xun. Determinants of Bribery in Asia: Evidence from Business Environment Survey, Journal of Business Ethics, 87(1), 2009.
- M Ramesh, and Xun Wu. Realigning Public-Private Mix in Healthcare: Comparative Health Policies in Southeast Asia, Pacific Review, 21(2), 2008
- Wu, Xun, and Nepomuceno A. Malaluan. A Tale of Two Concessionaires: A National Experiment of Water Privatization in Metro Manila, Urban Studies, 45(1), 2008
- Thampapillai, Dodo, Xun Wu, and Lawrence R Sunderaj. The Environment and the Economy: Some Questions Regarding the Performance of the Chinese Economy, International Journal of Employment, Workplace and Environment, 2(1), 2007
- Wu, Xun, and Dale Whittington. Incentive Compatibility and Conflict Resolution in International River Basins: A Case Study of the Nile Basin, Water Resources Research, 42 (2), 2006.
- Wu, Xun. Corporate Governance and Corruption: A Cross-Country Analysis, Governance: An International Journal of Policy, Administration and Institutions, 18 (2), 2005.
- Wu, Xun. Firm Accounting Practices, Accounting Reforms and Corruption in Asia, Policy and Society, 24 (3), 2005.
- Whittington, Dale, Xun Wu, and Claudia Sadoff. Water Resources Management in the Nile Basin: The Economic Value of Cooperation, Water Policy, 7(3), 2005.
- Wu, Xun, Julian Lampietti, and Anke Meyer. Coping with the Cold: Space Heating and the Urban Poor in Developing Countries, Energy Economics 26, 2004.
- Blackman, Allen, and Xun Wu. Foreign Direct Investment in the Chinese Power Sector: Barriers and Opportunities, Energy Policy, 27, November 1999.
- Araral, Eduardo, Scott Fritzen, Michael Howlett, M Ramesh and Xun Wu (Eds) Routledge Handbook of Public Policy, Routledge, 2012
- Darryl Jarvis, M Ramesh, Xun Wu and Eduardo, Araral (eds) Infrastructure Regulation: What Works, Why and How do we Know it? World Scientific, 2011
- Wu, Xun, M Ramesh, Michael Howlett, and Scott Fritzen. The Public Policy Primer: Managing the Policy Process, Routledge, 2010.
- M Ramesh, Eduardo Araral, and Xun Wu (eds) Reasserting the Public in Public Services, Routledge, 2009
- Wu, Xun. Applying Game Theory to Water Conflict in International River Basins, VDM, 2009
Chapters in Edited Books
- Wu, Xun, Loit Batac, and Nepomuceno Malaluan, Regulatory Independence and Contract Incompleteness: Assessing Regulatory Effectiveness in Water Privatization in Manila, in Darryl Jarvis, M Ramesh, Xun Wu and Eduardo, Araral (eds) Infrastructure Regulation: What Works, Why and How do we Know it? World Scientific, 2011
- Fritzen, Scott and Xun Wu. Conclusion: Contradictions, Contingencies and Terrain Ahead in M Ramesh, Edwardo Araral and Xun Wu (eds.), Reasserting the Public in Public Services. Routledge, 2009
- Thampapillai, Dodo and Xun Wu, Environmental Taxes, Cumulative Pollution Loads and Fiscal Balance, in Lin-Heng Lye (ed) Critical Issues in Environmental Taxation Volume VII, Oxford University Press, 2009.
- Wu, Xun. Public Sector Transparency and Corporate Accounting Practices in Asia, in Fritzen, Scott and M. Ramesh (eds.), Transforming Asian Governance: Rethinking Assumptions, Challenging Practices, Routledge, 2008
- Wu, Xun and Priyambudi Sulistiyanto, Independent Power Producer (IPP) in Indonesia and the Philippines (with)” in Howlett, M. and M Ramesh (eds.), De-regulation and Its Discontents: Rewriting the Rules in Asia, Edward Elgar, 2006.
- M Ramesh, and Xun Wu. Neuorientierung des Verhältnisses öffentlicher und privater Träger der Gesundheitsversorgung in Südostasien, Focus ASIEN , No. 23, pp. 23-34, 2006.
- Wu, Xun. Political Institutions and Corporate Governance Reforms in Southeast Asia,” in Ho, Khai Leong (ed.), Reforming Corporate Governance in Southeast Asia: Economics, Politics and Regulation, ISEAS, 2005. Reprint in C. Vidya (ed.), Corporate Governance: Policy Perspectives, The Icfai University Press, 2007.
- Komives, Kristin, Dale Whittington, and Xun Wu. Access to Utilities by the Poor: A Global Perspective in Ugaz, Cecilia and Catherine Waddams Price (ed.), Utility Privatization and Regulation, Edward Elgar, 2003.
- Komives, Kristin, Dale Whittington, and Xun Wu. Infrastructure Coverage and the Poor: A Global Perspective in Brook, Penelope J. and Timothy C. Irwin (ed.), Infrastructure for Poor People, World Bank, 2003.
- Komives, Kristin, Dale Whittington, and Xun Wu. Energy Use around the World, Evidence from LSMS Surveys in Energy Services for the World’s Poor, World Bank, 2000.