The Research Support Unit (RSU) at the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy works with school faculty and research fellows to:
- Publicize and disseminate school research products, with the goal of enhancing academic and policy discourses, as well as bringing ideas to the attention of policy-makers and opinion-makers;
- Enhance the school’s outreach to funders throughout the region and globally, and increase foundation and donor funding for research activities; and
- Manage and systematize research grants and funding administration as well as accountability for resources allocated to research.
The Unit’s motto is getting more bang for the buck from LKY school research.
In line with these aims, it is the role of RSU to:
- Identify and develop opportunities for growing the school’s research profile, including enhancing the visibility and distribution of faculty and research fellows’ output;
- Optimise current school activities and resources such as conferences, events, seminar speakers, networks, alumni, visiting professors, etc. by being alert to opportunities to build on these activities for profile-building, dissemination, impact and fund raising.
- Build relationships with media, government officials, funders, policy-makers and decision-makers in Singapore and overseas.