About the Awards
The LKY School Outstanding Alumni Award is an inaugural award that seeks to honour and acknowledge alumni whose activities have contributed to fulfilling the mission of the LKY School of inspiring leaders and improving lives. The award seeks to recognise the exceptional contributions of alumni at the local, regional or international level.
Eligibility for Nomination
- All past alumni of the public policy programmes at NUS and graduates from the LKY School are eligible for nomination. However they must have a minimum of three years post graduation experience. Nominees are to be tracked back to admissions records maintained by Academic Affairs.
- In following years, previously nominated alumni who were unsuccessful in winning an award may be re-nominated
- Permission must be obtained from an alumnus before proceeding with a nomination.
- Self-nominations are accepted
- All nominations must be made out on the Nomination Form and must be accompanied by the necessary supporting documents.
The selection panel will be chaired by the Dean, Executive Vice-Dean and 2 Faculty Members. The final selection decision will be at the discretion of the Management Committee.
The recipient will receive S$1,000 honorarium and a citation. If the recipient resides overseas, the School will cover a round-trip expense.
The deadline for receiving nominations is May 31, 2012.
Download a copy of the nomination form here.
2011 Outstanding Alumni Award Recipient
The 2011 Outstanding Alumni Award was awarded to His Excellency Mr. Pushpanathan Sundram (MPP 1993), Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN for ASEAN Economic Community at the 7th Anniversary Dialogue with Mr. Lee Kuan Yew on September 14, 2011.