For the MPA programme, the School seeks candidates who are committed to the ideals of public service. He or she should be highly motivated, outward-looking, and open to new ideas, and be able to share insights from their own work experience with their classmates. Applicants will be evaluated on their academic preparation, and the depth and quality of their experience, as demonstrated by work history, references and the applicant's written analysis of past employment experience.
To be considered for the Master in Public Administration programme, you must have at least five years of work experience and:
- a National University of Singapore (NUS) honours degree (at least 2nd Upper) or an equivalent degree, such as a 4-year Bachelor degree with an average grade of B or better; or
- a good Bachelor degree and passed the School’s placement test
- Other qualifications may be accepted subject to approval by the NUS Board of Graduate Studies
Note: These minimum requirements do not imply automatic admission into the programme.
English Language Proficiency
If your native language is not English or your undergraduate degree programme was not conducted in English, you must submit your test scores for the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System).
Minimum scores are as follows:
- 580 on the TOEFL paper-based test
- 237 on the TOEFL computer-based test
- 85 on the TOEFL internet-based test
- 6.5 on the IELTS test
Scores for the TOEFL and IELTS are valid for 2 years.
For more information about the TOEFL or IELTS, and for instructions on registering, please contact the Educational Testing Service, Rosedale Road, Princeton, NJ, 08541, U.S.A (for TOEFL) or visit the websites http://www.toefl.org/ (for TOEFL) and http://www.ielts.org/ (for IELTS).
For enquiries, please contact (65) 6516-6134 or email to