The objective of the admissions policy of the MPM programme is to select a diverse group of students with outstanding academic ability and who have demonstrated career achievement with potential for future growth, and who are contributing to public service.
Criteria for Selection
Among the criteria used to guide the selection process are:
- Leadership capabilities demonstrated through professional accomplishment
- Personal character, demonstrated by professional commitment and direction, motivation and maturity
- Scholastic ability as demonstrated by achievement in an earned undergraduate and/or graduate degree, recommendations, analytic training, written work and standardised test scores
Applicants are also evaluated on the depth and quality of their experience, as demonstrated by work history, references and the applicant's written analysis of past employment experience.
An MPM candidate should be motivated, outward-looking, and open to new ideas. He should be ready to contribute a unique perspective and experience to the programme to benefit other students, and be ready to contribute to his organisation and country at the end of his training. In effect, the candidate we are looking for should be important enough to the organisation that a sabbatical year away would have significant impact for the organisation, but whose added training will be seen as vital in the organisation's next step forward.
In addition, the candidate should meet most of the following criteria:
- Be in an organisational position at least comparable to a Director of Division and up to a Deputy Secretary level in the Singapore Civil Service
- Have demonstrated clear leadership potential within a country civil service or political leadership, or in comparable positions in non-profit organisations or in the private sector
- Likely to be between 35 to 45 years old
- Have a minimum of eight years working experience preferably in the area of policy making and public management
- Possess at least a good tertiary education up to Bachelor level
- Preferably have some background in Mathematics and Economics
- Have a good command of the English Language (minimum TOEFL score of 580 or IELTS band of 6.5)
- Show a genuine interest in governance, and be able or likely to fill a future position in government
- Be of good personal character
For enquiries, please contact (65) 6516-6134 or email to