About the Awards
Since the inception of LKY School in 2004 and its predecessor programmes, many alumni have gone on to rise in rank and are now senior government officials, ambassadors, editors and social entrepreneurs, making a significant contribution to their communities. The LKY School Outstanding Alumni Awards 2011 is an inaugural award and aims to recognize these exceptional contributions to the community at the local or international level. The award recipient will be decided by a selection committee chaired by the Dean and will receive S$1,000 cash and a plaque which will be presented during the School’s 7th Anniversary celebrations in September 2011.
Eligibility for Nomination
- All past alumni of the public policy programmes at NUS and graduates from the LKY School are eligible for nomination. However they must have a minimum of three years post graduation experience. Nominees are to be tracked back to admissions records maintained by Academic Affairs.
- In following years, previously nominated alumni who were unsuccessful in winning an award may be re-nominated
- Permission must be obtained from an alumnus before proceeding with a nomination.
- Self nominations are accepted
- All nominations must be made out on the Nomination Form and must be accompanied by the necessary supporting documents.
The selection panel will be chaired by the Dean, Executive Vice-Dean and 2 Faculty Members. The final selection decision will be at the discretion of the Management Committee.
The recipient will receive S$1,000 cash and a plaque. If the recipient resides overseas, the School will cover an all-expense paid return economy air ticket and hotel stay in Singapore for 2 nights.
Deadlines and Announcement of Recipient
The deadline for receiving nominations is 30 June 2011. The recipient of the award will be announced in August-September 2011 and the award will be presented during the School’s 7th anniversary celebrations in September 2011.
Download a copy of the nomination form here.